Albert Oehlen. Maschinenwesen
Artists’ own collections are often among the most interesting. Sensitive and intense, artist collectors are veritable natural connoisseurs, who are immune to trends and have special access to the art market and a genuine passion for the works. Many artists are art collectors, but there are few opportunities to see their collections. In September 2021, MASI will dedicate a large-scale exhibition to Albert Oehlen, a leading contemporary artist and keen collector.
The artist himself selected the works, which will be displayed in contrast to some of his most significant paintings.
“I could say something about each work, but I’m too lazy. In any case, I can affirm that most of them are, in one way or another, connected to my own work. I greatly admire some of these artists. […] The exhibition at MASI is about placing my works in relation to those of my collection and making this relationship perceptible.” (Albert Oehlen).
In addition to Oehlen’s paintings, the exhibition will feature works by many international artists, including Mike Kelley, Daniel Richter, Bruno Goller, Christopher Wool, Jeff Koons, Konrad Klapheck, Malcolm Morley, Martin Kippenberger, Peter Brüning, Richard Artschwager and William Copley.
- MASI LAC
- Piazza Bernardino Luini 6, 6900 Lugano
- Tue / Wed / Fri: 10 am – 5 pm
Thurs: 10 am – 7 pm
Sat: 10 am – 6 pm
Sun / Mon / Public Holidays: closed
- Full Price: CHF 15.–/Reduced Price: CHF 12.–
- Albert Oehlen, I 3, 2009, carta su tela, 170 x 240 cm, foto: Stefan Rohner © Albert Oehlen
- Albert Oehlen, Senza titolo, 2005 / 1997, olio su tela, 210 x 300 cm, foto: Lothar Schnepf © Albert Oehlen
- Albert Oehlen, Senza titolo, 2016, olio, carta su tela, 180 x 150 cm, foto: Simon Vogel © Albert Oehlen
- Albert Oehlen, Senza titolo, 2017, olio su tela, 250 x 230 cm, foto: Rodolfo Alberto Martínez García © Albert Oehlen